Inspired by happyhappynester.com
- SVG design file of your choice
- Emptied Oui glass pots
- Cricut machine + transfer paper
- Candle wicks
- A pencil
- Metal candle making pot
- Enjoy your favorite Oui by Yoplait yogurt and clean the pot. If removing the labels, soak pots in warm soapy water before peeling. In some cases, an adhesive remover may be needed to completely remove the label from top and sides of the pot.
- Purchase and download the SVG file from Etsy for the design of your choice. Once you download the images, upload them into your Cricut Design Space. Happy Happy Nester recommends making the images about 1 ½ inches in height and width. Then, cut out a 3”x3” square piece of Cricut vinyl and place it in the top left corner of the cutting mat.
- Use your Cricut to cut out the designs. Cut out a square of transfer tape that is the side of the design and cover the whole pack side of the design, peeling off the design from its paper backing. Place the shape onto the glass pot, and press down to make sure it adheres to the jar. Carefully pull off the transfer paper.
- To make a candle within the pot, place the wick at the bottom of the jar. At the top of the glass pot, wrap the wick around a pencil and place on the rim of the jar.
- Melt wax into a metal candle making pot and place the melted wax in the glass pot. Let cool and cut the wick.